I Went to Kashmir for Summer Vacations

This summer, I had the chance to visit Kashmir, a trip I had been looking forward to for a long time. My journey began from Islamabad, filled with excitement and curiosity about what awaited me in the valleys of Azad Kashmir.

Arrival in Bagh: A Stormy Welcome

On the day of my arrival, nature had its own dramatic way of welcoming me. As I reached Bagh in the evening, the skies suddenly burst open with a cloudburst, turning the city into a flood-like scene. Water rushed down the streets, and the entire environment was chaotic yet strangely mesmerizing. Even though the situation was challenging, it added a unique adventure to the beginning of my journey.


A Pleasant Turn in Weather

Luckily, the very next morning the weather completely transformed. The sun shone through, the skies cleared, and the air turned cool and refreshing. It felt as though the valley had washed away the chaos of the previous evening, preparing itself to show me its true beauty.

Day 1: Exploring Bagh City

My first day was dedicated to Bagh city, and it turned out to be full of unique experiences. Coincidentally, it was the day of Chehlum, and I attended the Juloos (procession) held in the city. The atmosphere was deeply spiritual and powerful — people dressed in black, reciting nohas, and marching together with discipline and devotion. Being part of it, as an observer and an attendant , gave me a sense of the cultural and religious depth of the community.


I spent the first day wandering around Bagh city. The city has a vibrant mix of markets, friendly people, and beautiful surroundings. I tried some traditional dishes, including warm, freshly baked Kulchas, paired with Kashmiri tea (Noon Chai). The flavors were rich, comforting, and perfectly complemented the cool mountain weather. In the evening, I enjoyed a late-night bike ride around the city, breathing in the fresh air and soaking in the local vibe.


Day 2: Ganga Choti, Sudhan Gali, and Birpani

The second day was filled with breathtaking natural beauty and adventure. I set out for Ganga Choti, one of the most famous peaks in the area. The journey to the top was thrilling, surrounded by lush green meadows, pine trees, and panoramic views that stretched endlessly. From there, I continued towards Sudhan Gali, which is equally mesmerizing, with its rolling hills and cool breeze.


Later, I made my way to Birpani and nearby areas, which offered a more peaceful escape into the countryside. Here, I indulged in horse rides across open landscapes—a truly unforgettable experience. Every turn along the road revealed a new valley or a hidden village, making me appreciate how untouched and pure Kashmir’s beauty still is.



Day 3: Lasdana and Surrounding Areas

On the third day, I explored Lasdana and its adjacent areas. This part of the trip felt magical. The winding roads, tall mountains, and green slopes created a postcard-like scene. I also took part in a bit of swimming in cool streams, which was refreshing after a long day of exploring. As evening fell, I again enjoyed a late-night bike ride, which made the adventure even more thrilling.



Day 4: Farewell to the Valley

Unfortunately, the weather turned against me again on the final day. Heavy rain returned as I prepared to leave, almost as if Kashmir was reminding me of how unpredictable and wild its nature can be. Despite the bad weather, the journey back was filled with reflections on the amazing time I had spent.



Culinary Delights of Kashmir

Apart from the natural beauty and adventures, the food was another highlight of my trip. I tried several local dishes, but the Kashmiri Kulchas with a steaming cup of Noon Chai stood out as my favorite combination. Simple, hearty, and full of flavor—it perfectly represented the culture of the region.


Final Thoughts

My summer trip to Kashmir was a mix of adventure, natural beauty, cultural experiences, and unforgettable memories. From stormy arrivals to sunny days in the mountains, from horse rides and bike trips to savoring traditional food, every single day had something special.



Kashmir truly is a paradise on earth, and my journey through Bagh, Ganga Choti, Sudhan Gali, Birpani, and Lasdana gave me moments I will always cherish. I look forward to visiting again, because one trip is never enough to fully experience the magic of these valleys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Floating Towards Myself

Lost in the Smoke, Found in the View